Sunday, July 27, 2008

Waaay too much time on my hands

Okay, so I just spent the best part of three or four hours on line jumping from website to website. I found Time Magazine's top 50 websites list. Of course I had to investigate the ones that sounded interesting.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1809858_1809957,00.html

The two sites that captured my attention was a family genealogy site. I have already created a family tree with the information I have on my immediate family members. That was exciting; I have since forwarded the site to members of my family asking them to add information to the tree.

If you are interested in starting your own tree go to:

www.geni.com

It is extremely easy to use and in no time you will be building your family tree.

The second site I spent a lot of time at was:

www.freerice.com

I love that site! You test your vocabulary and for each word you get right 20 grains of rice is donated to hungry people. I call it a feel good site because as you are spending time 'playing' you are also making a difference in people's lives.

Now, I need to get back to some work - or play. Whichever is more appealing.

No comments: