Friday, June 6, 2008

Stitching world notoriety

OMG!! I'm famous!

Deep breath - let me start at the beginning. Since I last wrote about my counted cross stitching addiction, I have become a member of the Bermuda Guild of Stitchery. They meet on the first Thursday of each month in a local church hall.

Here is the link to their site: http://www.stitchbermuda.com/

The guild organized a workshop for the last weekend in May. They brought in stitching legend Jane Greenoff. Wow! She was wonderful. I attended the beginner's class because I knew I wasn't ready for the master's lessons. I figured I should learn to crawl before taking off at a full sprint.

I learned so much in that day and a half. In fact I could have been in class for a week and not learned a fraction of what Ms. Greenoff had to impart. During her class she took some pictures of her students and guess who is now on her website - yours truly.

Here is the link --http://janesjournal.thecrossstitchguild.com/

Like I said, I'm famous!!!

I have to admit since learning the new stitching techniques I haven't stopped. I'm going to bed at 11:00pm and midnight in an attempt to continue practicing. (I am usually in bed by 8:30pm).

My casual habit has now become a full fledged addiction and I'm not sure I want to stop!!!

No comments: